Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Volunteering again

 Well, I wasn't going to be late today. I got up at 0500, had one cup of coffee,  and was out the door by 0530. First stop was buying some almond croissants for me and the other two volunteers in our little group.  Always a good idea. Then a bus to the train station.  The train to Ashkelon went through Rehovot instead of due south,  but I had time, and it was interesting. I got a cappuccino in the Ashkelon station and enjoyed my croissant.  Efi arrived around 0815 and Ron arrived at 0845. Efi drove us to the IDF refreshment station. Honestly, I didn't work too hard (cut some peppers and chopped some carrots), so outside of putting some clean dishes away and taking out some trash, I stood around a lot  and said hello to the soldiers.

Ron is third from left in the back row, then Efi, then me. This was all of today's volunteers.


We picked up nice leftover food from Kibbutz Yad Mordechi again and brought it back to the IDF station.  Then, on our way home, we brought some food from the station to a squad at the gate to Be'eri.

No comments:

Post a Comment