Thursday, July 3, 2014

Almost out

So the strategy in the last few days is "pack it, throw it, give it, or consume it."  Many things have been given away, formally or informally. Of course, the trick is that I still live here, but not for long (less than 24 hours now).  Here's the state of affairs:
Only clothes for tomorrow.

Cheese, a bowl of Israeli salad, and some seltzer.  That's one empty refrigerator.

The cupboards are bare, too. The center unit is a dish drying rack.
This bookcase had books, all the Wizard of Oz/UMKC gifts, DVDs, etc.
I took the bus (on shekels - my bus pass expired on 30 June) up to a small shopping area to buy flowers as a thank-you gift to the Minas, but the flower shop (חנות פרחים) wasn't open.  I brought enough small change for a back-up plan, so I took the next bus south to the big bus station, where there's a prominent flower shop.  I said "אני צריכה פרחים שאומרים תודה" (I need flowers that say "thank-you") and gave a ballpark price.  The man pegged me as an American, and helped me pick out these roses.  I was dressed uncharacteristically in a tank top and shorts (because I am cleaning), but he was nice, and I returned to the apartment on the next bus.  I did get rid of lots of one shekel pieces and agorot on the three bus rides.  Yeah.

I believe a falafel sandwich is in order for supper.  Not much food in the house, and my neighborhood falafel stand (פלאפל הכרם) is very good, so I should have just one more of their fine sandwiches.  Which, of course, comes with pickles and french fries for only NIS15.  Yes, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Thank you flowers; definitely need to have falafel one more time; look forward to seeing you back in the US.

    ReplyDelete