Friday, July 4, 2014

Day zero

Well, this is the day to depart.  My last cleanup in the apartment was washing my bed sheets.  Then just do a final packing and weight check.

Two suitcases (48 lb and 46 lb), one moderate carry-on, and my computer bag.  That's a lot of stuff to wrangle.  My taxi driver gave me a good price (NIS 400) to drive me to the airport, so I took him up on it, instead of taking the #354 bus.  It was much simpler with all my stuff.  And I learned something on the ride up - what cotton looks like as it's growing.  I'd never seen it before.
However, I arrived really early, so I have plenty of time to finish this blog post, and finish my book (and start the next one!).  I was very grateful to find any seats here in the departure area.  I've got knoshables, a moderate amount of water, and a Kindle full of books.  I'm where I need to be, when it's time to get in line.
Yes, my plane looks exactly like this!
If anything interesting occurs, I'll post that as a debriefing.  See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment