Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Last day at BGU

This morning I dropped off a good load at the BGU thrift store, and had coffee with Prof. Nurit Ashkenasy on the main campus.
This is an olive tree on campus.  I didn't know they grew this tall, but the others I've seen were probably pruned for harvesting.

Last look at date production.  They're still more spherical than oblong, but the trees sure are productive.
Then took the #5 bus over to the Hias campus, where an end of semester/send-off lunch (lunch-like) was planned at 12:30.  I copied files from my work computer to my flash drive, printed off a couple things I might need at US Customs, and helped Ruti prep the lunch by slicing some bell peppers and carrying plates down to the conference room.

Prof. Robert Levi, the new department chair, presented me with a written greeting, a BGU pen and keychain set, a BGU coffee cup (the obligatory coffee cup), a BGU bookmark (how do I get that into my Kindle??) and a BGU blank book.
 I said my good-byes and turned in my keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment