Saturday, June 29, 2019

Pat`s first shabbat

We got up and out early to take the bus to Jerusalem. We went to the Jerusalem shuk (Mahane Yehuda) to buy stuffed grape leaves, dates, and nuts. Pat bought a loaf of whole wheat bread. Then we headed south to meet some friends in San Simon. Then back to the bus to Tel Aviv. We stopped and got some malabi to go by the Carmel shuk (and punch my frequent malabi card).  She wanted to get some butter, which turned out to be a complete bust. ?????

We did some Shabbat prep, including some laundry.  I couldn't find the drying rack, so I hung the damp laundry everywhere.  Tomorrow we're up and out early to go to the Dead Sea.
Socks on the coat rack
NIS 10 Shabbat flowers
I did a rudimentary Havdalah for her (I brought a candle and stick of cinnamon, but no bruchas).

No comments:

Post a Comment