Saturday, June 29, 2024

Friday recap



(Bon appetit)

 As usual, I met friends in Jerusalem. I got there fairly early and went to the Mahane Yehuda market to get peanuts.  I didn't need anything else, but the shuk wasn't crowded so I walked around and looked at everything. 

When I returned to Tel Aviv,  I went to the wonderful Nachalot Binyamin craft market that's open on Tuesdays and Fridays. Since I was, and will be, volunteering on Tuesdays,  this was my chance to get a cool pair of earrings. Then I went back and prepped for Shabbat. But, oh dear, I forgot to buy flowers! The clock is ticking. I headed back to the shuk, which was full of people walking too slow, and a number of vendors were closing for the weekend.  And the flower vendors are on the other side of the shuk. But I got there in time and bought a small bouquet of peach-colored roses. My walk back through the shuk was more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment