Thursday, May 25, 2017

Eggs and Ariel University

It's fascinating to watch deliveries down on Allenby St.  It's probably just an urban thing where there's no room for people to do their jobs.  The palette jacks are used in the street proper.  So I was gazing and I saw a neat delivery.
 Sorry that it's not the clearest photos.  I will explain.  The truck is an egg truck.  Just eggs.  I could see into the truck back:  it was dense-packed with egg flats. About 20 eggs on a square cardboard tray each.  No cartons or boxes.  I see the guy bring a two-wheeler around, and I think, No, he can't do that!  But sure enough, they just loaded up the two-wheeler just like the UPS guy.
And then headed across the street.  Israelis eat a lot of eggs.  These are the flats  of eggs that I used to buy at the shuk.  Well, this is how they get to the shuk, I guess.

After the egg truck excitement, I headed up to Ariel.  It's no surprise to anyone from Tel Aviv that I had trouble finding the bus in the New Bus Station.  But I negotiated in Hebrew, so at least that's an achievement.  It was on the 7th floor.  And I made the 2:15 #286 Afikim bus to Ariel.  And got myself to Rivka's office on campus elegantly.  They have some new landscaping, and this is an interesting plant:
We had a coffee and some snacks including one with zaatar that we may incorporate for Israel Spirit.  Then there was a student event where a faculty band opened the evening.  The Dean of engineering is on the keyboard (dressed in black).
It was quite a production. Those are LED screens, and they had smoke machines and lasers (the event, not the band). We left after the band's set of four songs.  Rivka's sister (MD) joined us for a late supper at Biscotti in Petach Tikvah.  We got kicked out because the  restaurant closes early.  I got sent home with lots of doggy bags. There's a joke in this somewhere: three women doctors go into....

No comments:

Post a Comment