Monday, May 29, 2017

Mediterranean

I needed to buy (a reasonable amount of) halvah and my favorite soap.  The hard part was finding an ATM that still had money in it after Shabbat.  The fifth one did.

A lot of the Bauhaus building are being restored. This one is right across from my building and I watched it under construction last year.
Isn't it lovely?

See the last photo on this page of my blog from 2015.  It's really nice now.  So what kind of halvah did I get? Coffee (of course), cinnamon (that's a new one for me), date and poppy.

Then a first crack at packing.  Best news is that I'm ok on volume.  Marginal on weight, but I can always put a couple things (not knives!) in my carry on.  Don't have to pay for an extra bag (a lot), and I can manage this on my own and take the bus and train (for cheap).

And it was time to say "hello" to the Mediterranean.  I found a better path from my apartment to the beach than I had used before.
Really, that's how it's spelled in Hebrew?

I sat for a bit under a shelter (pergola) on the sidewalk, and then found the iconic statue of Ben Gurion.


Ben Gurion University, his grave in Sde Boker, and now him playing on the beach!
And I got another malabi to try (caramel syrup and coconut topping).  BTW, all the syrups are pink, even lemon or caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment