Thursday, May 18, 2017

The new apartment and setup

Drinking some mint tea and posting photos for you:
View to the west (Mediterranean)
View to the east (Allenby, King George and Shenken Streets)

Looking north on Allenby

Living room

Kitchen. Yes, that's where the culinary magic happens.

Bedroom

Itty bitty bathroom
I walked up to the big supermarket to get some packaged food and do some research for my Hebrew teacher. I bought a carton of eggs for the first time in Israel (just didn't need the shuk-sized eggs).

Then, on to the shuk. A big shopping list, including all the makings for Israeli salad, cauliflower salad, and my Israeli broccoli and garlic with noodles.  Keep in mind that all these require olive oil, and I found a dandy:
Don't worry, I got olives, and apricots, and  butter (Israeli butter!) and cheese (I think I've figured out its name.  Will report on confirmation), too.


No comments:

Post a Comment