Monday, May 22, 2017

Yafo, etc.


I took the #10 bus over to Yafo to get some postcards for Israel Spirit.  The shop wasn't open at 10:00, so I walked down to the seaside road to take some photos.  In the background you can see the waves by Tel Aviv, that I can see from my apartment.  At 11:00, the shop still wasn't open, and there were no hours posted.  But the owner's cell number was, and I called him.  He said he'd be there in 40 minutes.  I said, fine I'll get some lunch, and see him then.  Lunch was a lovely bit of ice cream and a bottle of water.  When I walked back he was, indeed, open.  I procured many postcards.

Business now concluded, I headed down the hill and east to pick up the bus back on Jerusalem Road.  A #18 came first, and dropped me at a better place than the #10 would have.

I had to walk through the shuk anyway, and stopped in a cheapo kid store to get leftover Yom HaAtzmaut stuff for Israel Spirit.  And while I was in the shuk, got some broccoli and cherries, too. (not for the same dish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment