Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Arrival complications (Wednesday, 12 June 2022)

The flight was fine, although my vegan (!) meals were a little weird. The new planes have LED windows that stayed dark, which was odd when I knew it was light out out but it looked like night. On arrival, my Israeli SIM card worked fine, but I did not yet have my entry code for the apartment. It was now after 5 pm in Israel so the the apartment office was closed.  I decided to stay at the airport until I had everything (the airport is safe, has WIFI. bathrooms, and it was getting dark out) There was a form for me to submit a copy of my passport to avoid the 18% VAT tax, but I had some trouble getting file size small enough for the form to work. Finally success, and the night manager (who was probably eating supper) sent me everything I needed. I took the train to Tel Aviv and shared a taxi, because I wasn't up for finding the place in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment