Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Lunch in Jerusalem (Monday 20 June 2022)

My plans for the last two days were pretty light. Today I met a friend, who is newly a widow, at the old train station in Jerusalem. We had a perfectly lovely lunch at a kosher dairy place there. Since it was Monday, the restaurant wasn't too crowded, and we were able to linger at our table for a while.
While in Jerusalem, I was able to solve a pesky problem that I was having no luck in Tel Aviv: buying a replacement glass tumbler for apartment because I broke one. Anyway, on the local bus to meet my friend,  I saw a glass shop right by the shuk in Jerusalem. So I stopped there after lunch and bought the replacement glasses.  Of course, this means I have to carefully transport them on the light rail, the intercity bus, the local bus, and the walk to the apartment. I'm glad to say that I was successful. 
Then there was packing the suitcase-very carefully.  Yes, almost everything fit: a few things had to go into the carry-on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment