Thursday, June 16, 2022

Levinsky Market (Tuesday 14 June 2022)

One objective for this trip was to visit the Levinsky Market in Tel Aviv and have a gazoz from the shop that invented them. I tried to find the Levinsky Market a few years ago, but I was looking for something the the Carmel Shuk, and it is, instead,  a blocked off street with lots of shops. It was about 8 blocks north of me, so getting there was no problem.  I had the address of Gazoz, but I couldn't find it. I decided to get a sabich sandwich (in a pita with grilled eggplant,  a hard-boiled egg, tahini and a bit of some salads). I asked the sabich guy if Gazoz is still open (in Hebrew) and he said, yes, just down the block. While my sandwich was to-go, the bowl of dill pickles was hard to manage. I did, in fact, find Gazoz, met the owner (and book author), bought a gazoz, and asked the women who worked there a bunch of questions.  We're going to make gazoz at the Ethnic Enrichment Festival in August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment