Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Surprising transportation problems (Friday, 10 June 2022)

I got up early to meet some friends in Jerusalem,  which I done many times. I got onto the local bus to the bus station,  but my Rav-Kav transit card didn't work. At all. The bus driver was nice to me and told me to sit down. I planned to do something about at the bus station, but the manned booth was empty, and there were some machines. I still had no luck with the card, although I did buy a paper ticket to Jerusalem. I wandered around a bit and saw a shop that sold new Rav-Kav cards. The man explained that my card was now obsolete. So I bought a new card and loaded it. And I learned that we don't have separate transit systems on the card, it's just money.  That's a big improvement when you're traveling in Israel. But time is moving on and I'm still in Tel Aviv. Now I can't find the bus to Jerusalem. There was a sign that it's on the 7th floor instead of the 6th floor, but I still can't find it. Tick tock. I finally found someone to ask, and it was at another building. At least it was close and I was on the right level.  I caught the next 405 bus to Jerusalem. Luckily the bus I needed in Jerusalem hadn't moved. I wasn't late so I bought a cappuccino near the meeting location,  but even the meeting room changed. 
On the way back to Tel Aviv, I bought a small bouquet of orange flowers in the bus station.  A nice woman from Chabad gave me some candles for shabbat. I took the 470 bus back because it's a safer location,  but the local bus back to my apartment had changed.
Finally back in the apartment,  I prepared for shabbat, cooked some broccoli with garlic and noodles. I was ready for a nice shabbat rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment