Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tel Aviv 03/25/14

I took my good camera so that I could share the experience with you.  So get ready.  Tuesday, I planned to go to Tel Aviv, check out Nachalot Binyamin craft market, and go to the opera ("Tales of Hoffman").  The Moovit app was great:  I caught a local Tel Aviv bus from the HaShalom rail station, and the app told me when to ring for the next stop.  The walk was moderate to the hotel, which was lovely.  The Diagalev Hotel is one of the original Bauhaus buildings in Tel Aviv, and it is a "live art" hotel, which means it rotates art work through the hotel, and hosts art events.
View of Diagalev Hotel from the street.  I think my room had the balcony on the top of the white section.
This was some of the art in my room - I guessed that it was not a coat rack.
I walked over to the Nacholat Binyamin craft fair, but walked into the Carmel Market by mistake.  It's only a little bigger than the shuk in Beer Sheva, but it has a greater variety of goods, and nicer dry goods than the one in Beer Sheva.  Lots of tourists.  I found a cheese vendor, we don't have in Beer Sheva, so I got some semi-firm cheeses to enjoy at home.  Got a requisite falafel sandwich for lunch.
Entrance to Carmel Market from the non-parking lot side.


I wandered into the Nachalot Binyamin fair by mistake, but was glad to have found it.  Lots of silver smiths, wood carvers, puzzle makers, jewelers.  I found (big surprise) some earrings worth purchasing, even a glass pair.
Later, I walked over the opera, and got a ticket for a backstage tour, which was great fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment