Monday, March 31, 2014

Report of grocery store for Pesach

I did my Pesach shopping today. There was the usual assortment of cookies and macaroons, and matzot, of course.  I had a lot of trouble finding the matzah meal, because we get it in little barrels in the States.  I wasn't looking for bags of matzah meal.  And they sell baking powder (and baking soda) in little packets (like yeast packets), so it took time to find that, too.  But in the end, I found everything I need.

As for the store, of course there's still bread and hametz, because there are still 15 days before Passover.  But the nuts/bulk candy deli was empty and closed down.  And luckily there were both signs for what was kosher for Passover, and sales on a number of those items.  Yeah.  And they don't have mixes for Passover cakes, like we can get from Manischevitz.  Only a couple matzah ball soup kits.  Now I have to get the requisite many eggs.  If you haven't seen this video, watch it!  You'll love the usefulness of this methodology, especially if you do baking for Passover.

No comments:

Post a Comment