Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Angels abound

Almost every day, I see angels.  Nothing truly heavenly, but amazing gifts of character.  I know in my head that everyone in Israel is family (משפחה), but seeing it play out is extraordinary.  The man, who I thought was her son, carefully walking an old woman across the street from the hospital, then asking if she was ok, and walking away.  The woman who corralled a toddler on the bus while his mom was paying the driver, and got him in a seat.  Almost every soldier who stands on the bus.  And, and, and.  Wow.

And while I'm waxing poetic, I love to see the medium-religious bus drivers with siddurs next to the steering wheel, and men with kippot doing all kinds of things.  Of course, the beautiful girls that are confident in their modesty.  I have no photos to share of these things, because they are part of every day in the Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment