Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Leadership workshop (women graduate students)

I presented my first leadership workshop at Ben Gurion University.  There was just one problem -- I had lost my voice.  But my slides and handouts were ready, and the event had been scheduled for two months.  The show would go on.  I distributed most of my remaining light-up pens from my ADVANCE workshops in 2003-2005 (with new batteries), and we had refreshments provided by the dean.  My colleague's computer, however, would not talk to my flashdrive, but luckily one of the students had a laptop that did.  I did two assessments - one learning style, and one quick leadership assessment.  I did a first crack at translating the questions in the assessments, so that they could be completed quickly, and my faculty colleague made final corrections.  My Powerpoint slides and talk were in English, and the graduate students are expected to know English fairly well, but I didn't want the students to labor over the questions.  I made some on-the-fly amendments to my presentation, and managed to end precisely at 10:30 - the announced end time.
They are working in groups of two on some questions I posed.

No comments:

Post a Comment