Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Graduate student panel 3/31/14

I was invited to a panel for women engineering graduate students that featured women engineering faculty at different stages of their careers.  Thankfully, the event was in English (for me and two graduate students), so I actually understood everything that was said (a nice change!).
Nava is a full professor in industrial engineering

Ronit is an assistant professor in chemical engineering
We took a break with lovely refreshments, then a woman faculty and her non-faculty husband shared some frank remarks.

Tal is a recently-tenured associate professor in industrial engineering
I was also introduced and got a plug for my up-coming leadership workshop.  They talked about children, the pressure of academia, two-career families - the whole back story.

No comments:

Post a Comment