Friday, April 11, 2014

Cleaning, cleaning

Today was the day to clean my tiny kitchen so that I could start prepping food for Passover.  If you're wondering why, please consult Exodus 12:43-49, which states clearly "This is the law of the Passover-meal: ...Now when a sojourner sojourns with you, and would make the Passover-meal to HaShem, every male with him must be circumcised, then he may come-near to make it, and will be regarded as a native of the land... One Instruction shall there be for the native and for the sojourner that sojourns in your midst".  I am nothing if not a sojourner here in the land of Israel.  So I've been cleaning, buying replacement food, checking labels, and having sore feet (from standing to clean).  I will be going to a suburb of Jerusalem for the seder meal on Monday.
Look carefully.  You can tell I purchased this here in Israel (where everything's metric).

No comments:

Post a Comment