Thursday, March 6, 2014

Women researchers' workshop at BGU

I had signed up for a session to encourage women researchers that occurred this morning.  I was able to meet the President of BGU, and she was just charming.  She was disappointed that I wasn't utilizing the university housing, and, just before the event started, she found me and was concerned I wouldn't understand the lecture.  It was very kind, and I assured her that I wasn't worried.
President Rivka Carmi, M.D.
The featured speaker was Prof. Inet Galzar, who was a-maz-ing.  You would have thought that she was shot out of a cannon.  She started out fast, kept up an incredible pace, was funny - often, and total engaging for an hour.  Wow.  A real speaker role model.  And a professor.
The screen reads "International Women's Day"
Then, as a grand finish to the event, they had Mati Caspi's band play.  Apparantly, he's wildly popular in Israel, because many (of various ages) women in the audience sang along.  In fact, the band accompanied the audience for a verse of one song.  It was terrific. (Can you tell that I used a real camera, not my cell phone??)

And although I'll be leaving about when this rolls out, it is an interesting and useful smartphone app for those of us in the south of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment