Monday, May 25, 2015

Restocking

I put together a good shopping list, which included eggs.  I hadn't seen any in the shuk on Friday, but I wasn't at the top of my game, and I wasn't interrogating the shuk offerings. That was my first order of business this morning.  Main row - nothing.  Nothing?  Normal people shop there, not just tourists (what would a tourist do with an eggplant or leeks??), so where are the eggs?  The shuk wraps around by the Carmelit bus station, so I kept walking, and there are little aisles off the main way.  Hmm.  Finally, way in the back of a side aisle, I saw eggs!  I didn't look any further, of course, but it still seems odd.  There were four or five egg vendors at the Beer Sheva shuk.  Eggs at the shuk don't come in tidy cartons like the figure above (see last year's post), so I'll only have needed to buy them once.  Other things were procured, like the great Israeli roasted peanuts, but not noteworthy.

It took two trips to bring everything, up and down four flights of stairs.  Buns of steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment