Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tourist day

My Hebrew teacher recommended that I go to the original Tel Aviv city hall, and Rubin's house.  They are very close together, and close to my apartment.  The heat has passed, so today was a good day to be outside.  The city hall building (בית העיר) is very pretty, and has lots of photos and memorabilia from Tel Aviv's early days.
I went to the Rubin museum which has a number of his paintings and wood cuts, photos of his life and career, and his studio.  He was the first ambassador to Romania from Israel, as well as capturing life in modern Israel's early days.

And on a culinary note, I needed to buy my second bottle of olive oil today (first one was small, but still!).

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! We will miss you at AY this weekend. Hope your Shabbat is wonderful!
    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete