Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Anxiety Chronicles

An inauspicious start to a wonderful adventure. My time cushion of five hours between Laguardia and JFK was eaten up and more by a flight delay in Nashville.  Which meant I missed my El Al flight.  I did call and reschedule my flight in the afternoon, so I have a seat, after a hefty change fee.  It does however leave me abundant time (if I can find an outlet to power my laptop) to begin my blog.

My original plan was to arrive at Laguardia at 1500, and make my way to my 1900 flight to Tel Aviv.  However, we had wheels down in NYC at 1902, at the gate at 1916, and luggage retrieved at 1935.  So I'm glad I changed my ticket.  I learned enough in physics at MIT to know that I'd never make checkin for that flight.

Good news is that there is a 24 hour diner on my side of security.  Maybe get some eggs in the morning.  This does ruin my plan to spend Shabbat and Shavuot with R. Friedman in Givat Zeev.  But I'll be in Israel for them!

I booked, what I think will be, a lovely apartment in Tel Aviv:  Allenby Bauhaus Apartments.  I can't wait to see it.  I will post some photos of my own, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment