Wednesday, January 22, 2014

An all-university day

This morning I got to meet Dr. Amir Karmiel (biomechanics) who had helped me immensely on my Fulbright application.  He advised me on next steps, and restated that the Dean and President were both very interested in developing their women faculty.  And I learned why the Structural Engineering faculty are not easily located - they're in temporary quarters near City Hall.  That's in the opposite direction from my apartment, but about the same distance.  That's the host faculty for me (ironic, huh?).

And in the late afternoon, I expected to participate in an NSF graduate fellowship application review which was totally online this year, but it's rescheduled to early Feb.  I guess they got some snow in Washington....

No comments:

Post a Comment