Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Nice addition to my little kitchen

I found the store in the Negev mall that has small appliances.  My  apartment came with a full-size refrigerator, a decent size microwave, a one-burner hot plate, and hot water kettle.  I really wanted to find a toaster oven, so that I could do oven-type things, and so I bought same today.  Getting home on the bus was dicey, not that it was heavy, but the bus was full of old people with their groceries, so I eventually gave up my seat and put my big box on the floor.  Grey hair, but still young.  Since I actually exited safely at my bus stop, I have no complaints.  Now that my landlord has okayed it, I can heat some burekas or do a little light cooking.  Yeah!


And I also found the Naaman housewares shop, and they had small quantities of stainless silverware available (as well as big sets).  Yeah.  I really didn't need many, so that was perfect.  "Isn't it great when a plan comes together" (source:  A-Team)?  I'm happy to buy mismatched things, and pretty cheap things that are serviceable, but decent silverware will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment