Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Plasticware!

Today's job was locating some plasticware.  You know, garbage cans and food storage, etc.  I started on the south side of the shuk.  There's actually a little food there - a couple falafel stands, some nuts, cookies and candy.  Oh, and there would be some spice vendors.  I so enjoyed the Spice Market in Istambul.  My Hebrew needs to get better before I buy spices (unless there's a cooking emergency!).  That side of the shuk has lots of clothes and shoes.  I didn't see much in the way of housewares, except for some sheets and towels.

So I walked back up to the bus station where I had seen a housewares-kinda shop.  It was a lot like the Dollar General.  Which was fine.  I got a vegetable peeler, a lemon juicer, some bins for my cabinets, and a little set of plastic containers for food.  I also got a Turkish coffee (קפה טורקי) pot for NIS10, although I may trade up in quality later.  It'll do for a start.  I'll have to double-check my coffee recipe with Ceki.  All their ceramic stuff had old-fashioned roses on it.  I'll look around at the canyon (קניון) - the shopping mall - first.  But a great place to buy incredibly adequate stuff.
 And I saw a sign on the wall of the קניון for a SuperPharm (סופרפארם), so I went in. That was the perfect place to get toothpaste, etc.  They even have Clinique and Estee Lauder, so it's more uptown than Walgreens.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete