Sunday, January 26, 2014

Palmach Negev Brigade Memorial

I thought I would wander over to the Palmach Negev Brigade memorial today for my Shabbat walk - it's a little further than a stroll. But I had water, it was nice and I walked there and back.
As you can see, it's also designated as a scenic overlook.  Most of Beer Sheva is flat, and this is up on quite a rise, so I was looking forward to the vantage point, as well.

Smart people drive there, but I'm still up for a good walk.  It has a typical uphill, rocky approach, reminiscent of many sites on tours in Israel and Turkey (isn't everything uphill in Israel?).
This next photo up on the site shows Beer Sheva in the background.
Well, the view is spectacular.  I think you can see Jordan in the distance (what other mountains are east of Beer Sheva?).
The photos were just with my phone.  Next time, I'll take my camera and take proper pictures.  Anyway, it was a good Vitamin D day - got a little sun.




No comments:

Post a Comment