Friday, January 24, 2014

First trip to the Old City

Shlomo's mother has a live-in helper, Sinitra, who was available to help show me around today.  She was actually glad to get out and about herself.  I had a weird list of things I didn't know how to solve, so she helped me cross a bunch of things off:  buying stamps at the post office (just get in the general queue), buying Turkish coffee demitasse cups (done at a little shop in the old city), and a few other odds and ends.  She also showed me where I will need to renew my tourist visa in April (I was delighted to learn that I could do that here in Beer Sheva).  We took a more thoughtful walk through some of the downtown section.  It seems that there are cookies and pastries everywhere, and I saw this shop:
I didn't expect to see the Pillsbury dough boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment