Monday, June 23, 2014

Holiday in Acco

The trip to Acco began on the train.  BTW, Beer Sheva Center is the southernmost stop on the main line, and Acco is next to last on the north (Nahariya is the northernmost stop).  Anna F's host made a last minute transportation change, but she found me on the train, and all was well.

We walked to our hotel (Acco Beach Hotel - right on the Mediterranean) from the train station, but along the way, I missed a step, fell, and sprained my ankle.  Rats.  I limped, only complaining a little comparing to how I felt.  We took a cab to the old city, on account of my new, impaired condition, to explore a little.  We had an inadequate map, and were able to procure a proper, aerial-photo-derived map, but they were out of the English version, and we opted for Hebrew.  Good practice, right?  Anna was a good navigator, but Acco is an old city, like Yafo or the old city of Jerusalem.  Nothing's orthogonal or straight.  But it was daylight and we were together.  It's good to have a buddy.
Really?  Drive here?

We found where my concert would be the next night, had dinner at a restaurant my secretary suggested (Abu Kristo), and then found our way to a cab that took us to the hotel.

On Friday, we purposed ourselves to explore some of the museum sites.  My ankle felt marginally better, so we walked over.

Crusaders' tunnel - if Anna had to hunch over, imagine what it was for me!
Turkish bath house
We bought some snacks for Shabbat, and got a cab back to the hotel.  I took a dip in the sea before supper.
View of old city of Acco from the hotel beach

Our hotel.



Anna headed back to Jerusalem Sunday evening, and took possession of the blue backpack that I purchased here, and didn't want to take back to the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment