Thursday, June 26, 2014

Shutting down the apartment

Well, it's time to fit all that I'm taking home back into the two suitcases and carry-on.  Here is the disposition of some things:
  • silverware and knives to BGU Structural Engineering kitchen on 25 June 2014
  • some clothes to BGU thrift store on 17 June 2013
  • most kitchen hardware/dishes to BGU thrift store (including Turkish coffee cups)
  • decent office supplies to BGU thrift store
  • books and files shipped home on 24 June 2014
  • LPI leadership materials to Prof. Iris Cohen-Kaner at BGU Business School on 26 June 2014
  • inflatable guest bed and pump to a friend in Jerusalem on 27 June 2014
  • all UMKC/Wizard of Oz gifts have been given away
  • four books to a used book shop in Beer Sheva
As of 25 June, I'm on disposable plates/cups and my one good knife.  I still have a cutting board because it will just go in the trash (I bought a pack of those thin, colored polyethylene cutting boards).  The meat side of my kitchen is shut down (no more guests expected).

A test check on one suitcase revealed that I've got lots of headroom in its weight.  I'm going to buy more halvah! Halvah Kingdom in Mahane Yehuda is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment