Monday, June 2, 2014

Campus-wide Leadership Seminar

The entire campus, except for undergraduates, was invited to my leadership seminar today.  It was well-attended, and held in a lovely facility.  There was a mix of graduate students, faculty and staff.


A special thanks to Anna F. for doing some PhotoShop magic on two of my figures.  My slides were very nice.
I had shipped extra copies of Academic Administrator's Guide to Exemplary Leadership to myself (the notorious mail bag report), so we had a raffle at half-time and gave those and some nice rosewood pens from an earlier leadership workshop away.  Yeah!  They're not coming home.
The topics ranged from leadership frameworks to some very practical (and frank) bits of advice on how to dress and act at conferences, etc. in the US.

As part of this effort, I have been doing a fair amount of one-on-one mentoring with faculty and graduate students.  I like mentoring - I hate scheduling.

No comments:

Post a Comment