Monday, June 23, 2014

Rosh HaNikra

Anna really wanted to go to Rosh HaNikra, so I assented.  I'm glad I did.  We took the train one stop to Nahariya (we couldn't buy round-trip tickets from Acco!), and took a cab from the train station.  The dispatcher cited us NIS50 (which seemed like a bargain to me), and the assigned driver high-fived the other guys, so I guess it's a choice fare.  This park is the farthest north you can go on Israel's coastline.  We were able to buy the tickets in Acco, when we bought other museum tickets.  It has a short, but adrenaline-invoking, cable car ride from the parking area to the caverns.
View from the bottom
View from the cable car



 These photos show just how close we were to Lebanon.

These buoys mark the marine border.

We were closer to Beirut than Jerusalem!!

This was a really cool trip, that I didn't think was accessible without a car.  I'm so glad Anna wanted to go.  I kept saying "This...is fluid mechanics."  You can take the Ph.D. out of the country, but you can't really take her anywhere.

Anna was on the ball, and noticed a taxi dropping someone off at Rosh HaNikra, and secured our return trip to Nahariya.

No comments:

Post a Comment