Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Embarking -part deux

Well, the flight from Kansas City was delayed in the air because of a storm.  We circled over Rochester (!) for a while, and landed in LaGuardia about 45 minutes late. That was no problem.  So I collected my suitcase and looked for my shuttle.  Hmm.  Where are they?  I called the number and some other company was handling it (which I had seen), but I checked their website and they no longer list the JFK-LaGuardia shuttle.  This is not good. Of course I can always take a cab.  So I go over to the Golden Touch bus, and they'll honor my ticket, but I have to go into Manhattan and come back.  What the heck.
Now the storm has arrived and it's....rush hour.  We take the Midtown Tunnel to 37th St, to Madison Avenue north to Grand Central Station.  We disembark.  In the rain.
I get on a new shuttle (with other people), but it's still raining and it's still rush hour.  Our driver bailed onto Queens Boulevard. I saw the Rego Park synagogue and lots of kosher restaurants.  I finally arrived at JFK at 1730. 
My El Al interview involved my Hebrew lessons, he asked me to speak in Hebrew but I couldn't think of what to say.  
So TSA is TSA.  But my carry-on stuff got flagged for a special inspection.  My Kindle Fire got flagged as a laptop.  "I should have known better."  Well, it didn't get flagged in Kansas City.  The flight is at 2330.   I'm fine. The next post will be from Israel.  Lila tov (Good night).

No comments:

Post a Comment