Friday, May 18, 2018

Shopping and recovering

Today was a food shopping day, because tomorrow evening is Shabbat and Saturday night thru sundown Sunday is Shavuot (also known as Pentacost Sunday).  There will no buses and the shuk and many places will be closed.  So planning is key.  I made a shopping lists and got to the shuk before the tourists. I acquired eggs, scallions, parsley, lemons, broccoli, cauliflower, olives and olive oil.  I had a smooth transaction with the dairy man because I know the name of the cheese now.  Got some butter too (why is Israeli butter so good?)  No external-list shopping because I have to carry it home.
I punted on the peanuts and apricots because of weight.  With these items put away, I headed up to the kosher grocery store.  Again, be aware of the weight.

Of course, I felt kinda crappy, but that's par for the course.  By the late afternoon I felt like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment