Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shabbat prep

Friday morning I got up and about to meet some friends in Jerusalem.  Upon arrival in Jerusalem, I loaded my transit card, got on the light rail and headed to Mahane Yehuda (the shuk in Jerusalem).  The shopping list was more eclectic:  stuffed grape leaves, limonana macarons, whole-wheat challah, and the elusive (not really elusive) peanuts and apricots.  A few of the nut sellers there roast their nuts on site, so I walked around looking for ovens.  The nut sellers usually have dried fruit so I got the apricots, too.
I used the return trip that worked so well last year and was home by 2:30.  I just needed to make Israeli salad, take out the trash, and do a load of laundry.  BTW, it was 107° when I got back to Tel Aviv.  That's hot.

I think I'm ready now.  Shabbat shalom and Chag Sameach!

No comments:

Post a Comment