Thursday, May 17, 2018

Illanit's AirBnB apartment

So past readers have heard about the stairs at the train station (four flights to come up on the right side of the street).  I did it one more time.  Definitely an aerobic endeavor.  I caught a 204 bus and reloaded my bus card.  I got off at the Carmel shuk (familiar ground) and walked up King George.  There's a little park that the apartment is near, but I thought Hamelitz Street would be right after it.  Mind you I've got the whole suitcase thing.  Wandered around.  Finally consulted my GPS.  It wanted to take me through the park. Ok, let's see.  Ah, the problem was that Hamelitz is parallel to King George.  Found the building.


Her description of which apartment was so-so.  So I got to meet one of the neighbors: he was very nice and gracious. Anyway I found the second floor apartment with the welcome sign (not a big sign, though), and in Israel, the first floor is zero.  Ta-ta, I'm in and it's not dark (wandering the streets was a concern).
Real kitchen, gas range top.  No hot plate for me! And a normal refrigerator!
And there's a washing machine - no need for laundry in the sink.

Today is Thursday, and that means grocery shopping.  I'm not as close to the shuk as before so I will have to be economical with my shopping. And probably nap some , too.

No comments:

Post a Comment