Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Sort of a bust in Jerusalem

I went into Jerusalem to have lunch with Margalit Friedman at 12:00.  I arrived around 11:00 and decided that I had time to zoom up to the shuk and get more oven-roasted peanuts.  Sounds like a fine plan.  But I couldn't find the vendor (of course).  I finally settled for another nut vendor with an oven.
Back to the light rail, back to the bus station, and JUST missed a #132 bus. No problem, right?  But it's now 11:50 (how did that happen?).  I texted to her know that I was at least in Jerusalem. Tick, tick, tick.  Finally another bus at 12:29.  Fine, arrive in Givat Zeev at the correct stop.  Walked to the right building, walked down four flights of stairs.  Ok. I knock, and knock again.  And again (yes, there was music on inside).  I text.  I knock.  Finally the door opens, and Rabbi Friedman was unexpectedly home, too.

We had a lovely lunch and visit.  I left around 4:00, caught a #131 back to Jerusalem, and grabbed a #18 bus to go to a gallery.  I find the gallery, but it's closed (supposed to be open until 8:00).  I call the number on the door at 5:20 hoping they'll be back in a few minutes.  But no.  (Sigh)  So I headed back to Tel Aviv.

BTW, we had a duststorm day.  I thought it was cloudy, but Margalit told me about the dust.  It wasn't profound but kinda low visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment