Saturday, May 26, 2018

Friday

I got up and about, and headed to Jerusalem to meet friends and buy some whole-wheat challah.  In the Tel Aviv bus station, two women asked if it was calm in Jerusalem. I said it's as usual (which is an ambiguous answer).  They asked about tickets, because I had one, and I told them they could buy it from the driver.  When we got to Jerusalem, they weren't sure where they were, so I walked them over to the light rail and directed them to Jaffa station and to walk to the old city.  After my first trip on the light rail, where we ended up at the Damascus gate, I was trying to get them off to a better start.  They are from Barcelona.

With that good deed behind me, I acquired said challah, and headed to San Simon (neighborhood south of the Knesset).  Since the Nachalot Binyamin craft fair is open on Fridays, I headed there from the  bus station and acquired a gift.

What the heck, I walked over to the malabi shop and got one to go.  I am now a frequent malabi card holder!  And back home to make Israeli salad and take out the trash.  Shabbat shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment