Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A nice post office

The departmental secretary told me that there is a small post office on the main campus, so I went there today.  Went to the wrong building first, and you kinda need to know where it to find it, but she coached me over the phone.  And it was small, one clerk, mailed my mail, and was out.  A lot more like the post offices at home.  So that is where I will go, although my one remaining package will still arrive at the big (scary) post office.  But, I know what queue to get in, so it'll be ok.  However, I'm not waiting for an hour to buy a few stamps.  People-watching is not that good.

Yesterday, the IT guy in the department set up my work computer with Outlook, so work email will be easy to deal with.  And I set up the Remote Desktop from my work computer to my UMKC computer, so I can grab files that I forgot to put on my flash drive.

Tomorrow, I go to Jerusalem (actually Givat Ze'ev) to get my new smartphone.  Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment