Sunday, February 2, 2014

An important addition to my desk

I have quite a hard wooden chair at the desk in my apartment, and with the three-hour conference call tomorrow, locating a decent chair cushion was on the top of my to-do list.  After yesterday's discovery of the BIG shopping center, I took bus #14 out there and walked about.  I found a store for which I received a circular in the Friday free paper, and had (luckily) written "chair cushion" in Hebrew on my shopping list, which was really handy because the young woman helping me knew almost no English, but she could easily read my very neat Hebrew script.  And she did know where the chair cushions were.  Yeah!  Also bought some little pans that will fit in my toaster oven.

And I experienced my first rain in Israel.  It has only been a steady sprinkle, but rain is forecast for tomorrow.  Today is very windy, so, like Kansas City, umbrellas probably don't do much good.  I do have a raincoat.  I will report if the rain comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment