Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Better park for running

My secretary told me to go to the southwest river park, which is on Bus#2.  That was today's exploration.  The bus stops right at the end of the promenade, so I won't have to walk through an industrial neighborhood in my running togs.  There's a walking bike trail along the north side of the Beer Sheva River (which does have water in it right now), and a trail on the south side along half of it.  I could see a few pool and riffle formations in the rivers, but you need me to take the good camera to photograph those.

It is a park, and it is a maintained space (including water fountains), but the flowers were great.  If you've been to Israel, you know that they use rosemary and lavender like we use boxwood and yews in the States as landscaping plants, but they still smell wonderful.  There was even a flock of goats, a few sheep and rams, and at least one horse (or donkey?) pasturing in the river bottom, but my new phone's photos didn't turn out (of that).  The circuit walk took about an hour, so it's a good long route to run.
Rosemary.
Lavender
Geraniums (scented)




Pipe bridge (pedestrian and bicycles only)

After the park, I walked up to the shuk, and actually bought seasonings:  bay leaves, dried mint, cumin and coriander.  Of course, I had them written out in Hebrew, so the man just took my note and worked from it.  So now I'm ready to cook the lentils that I bought last week.  And in searching for some green salad ingredients, I found some purple tomatoes (bigger than cherry tomatoes, but little).  Beautiful.  Salad for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment