Friday, February 7, 2014

More progress on living normally in Israel

I went to the shuk earlier this morning (at 9:00) which was great, because it wasn't very crowded, and some of the vendors were still stocking.  I even corrected the fruit guy who was calculating my oranges at the wrong price.  In Hebrew, of course.  Locating lentils was slightly more difficult, but it helped that I had written it and was at a booth that was likely to have them.  He had brown, green and red lentils.
And I used my little washing machine. However, I broke its little handle that opens it after the wash.  I 'fessed up to my landlord, and we determined that it could be opened how with two screwdrivers.  The good news is that the laundry did indeed come out damp, so it should dry quickly.  And now, I'll be able to wash bigger things.

No comments:

Post a Comment