Monday, February 24, 2014

Days 42-43

Last night, on a bus ride home, an unusual thing happened.  There were about 12 of us on the bus, headed into the central bus station from the west side of town.  But just before the bus station, the bus took a hard right into the bus depot (where the buses are parked overnight).  Well, we really didn't want to sleep in the bus, so grumbling (righteous grumbling!) ensued.  The driver realized what he had done, as did the manager on the ground when he saw passengers on the bus.  He, of course, pulled an elegant three-point turn and took us to the bus station.  I then caught my bus home (no harm, no foul).
Today, I headed early to the shuk, with list (in Hebrew) in hand.  I got cinnamon and nutmeg from the spice guys, and headed over to the salad lady.  Last week, she gave me a bonus bundle of some light greens with my vegetables.  Well, today, we exchanged greetings, and I picked out what I needed:  broccoli, scallions, and romaine.  She asked if I wanted radishes (no), and gave me a bonus of watercress.  That was great, then she cleaned up two small heads of red cabbage and added that, too.  My, my.  I need a plan for cabbage now.  Very sweet.

Elsewhere in the shuk, the peppers are coming in.  I'm indifferent to peppers, but they sure were beautiful.
And as I wondered how I would spend the afternoon, I got a call from a woman on behalf of an older friend of mine, who is in the hospital and needs her dog walked.  So, HaShem provides hands and feet.  I will go armed with a roll of paper towels, because she went in the hospital last night.  And I'll get to see the great Soroka Hospital on the inside to pick up the key.


No comments:

Post a Comment