Sunday, February 23, 2014

End of week update

  1. Finally went running down at the Beer Sheva River Park.  I ran the whole way (no walking).  You absolutely need to run in sunglasses.  I need to determine the distance from a map, so that I can evaluate my time splits.  But the bus/park thing went great.
  2. I went for a longer walk today than I intended, but I found a park in construction, that I think is the old railroad station.
And then closer to my apartment, in another park, there are these flowers (which are planted in several parks).  They bloom dark purple, and then the flower opens more into a bright white.  Kinda like fireworks that go off, then they re-explode.
Funny Shabbat story - I purchased a rustic, whole wheat bread for Shabbat, but when I said kiddush, I was completely unable to tear off a little bit.  Really.  You should have seen it.  You would have laughed until you cried.  I had to get a knife and hack it open to finish the brucha!  Next week - normal challah.  Shavua tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment