Sunday, February 2, 2014

Beer Sheva River Park (from afar)

My shabbat walk today landed me in a different place than I expected, but I wasn't lost.  I'm still looking for a good place to run, and headed east on Shazar.  Where I walked to was the BIG (the name, Big) shopping center, which, to my dismay, had lots of cars in its parking lot.  But I walked down one side of it to get a look at things, and saw this in the middle distance:
It looks a lot like a Calatrava bridge (he designed the light rail, sweeping bridge in Jerusalem), but when I tried to find a web reference for you, it looks like its the spine of a big shelter (maybe for a soccer stadium?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arxrKkkiv6s  I think this YouTube is the master plan for the park.  And I could see this, too:
complete with people walking, biking and skating.  You can see the railroad tracks in the foreground, that go to Tel Aviv, Haifa and the airport.  So this is on the southeast corner of the city.  I didn't think it was walking distance.  It would be a great place to run if I can find a bus that goes there...

Then, on my walk back, I thought this was the perfect sign:


No comments:

Post a Comment