Thursday, February 13, 2014

A stork delivered my new phone

Oh, happy day.  The new smartphone is paid for and in my possession, and operating.  I'm getting used to the layout of the LG, and have loaded the apps I wanted for negotiating trains and buses.

My trip from Beer Sheva to Givat Ze'ev was fairly unremarkable.  The trip north was quite green, and R. Friedman said the white or pink flowering trees are probably almond trees.  I even saw a few (and I do mean a few) of the red anenomes that bloom this time of year (http://www.timesofisrael.com/top-five-wildflower-haunts/), which is good, because most of the sites that have lots of flowers require a car (no bus access).  The bus windows were kinda dirty, so I didn't think any photos would be very good.

Finding my way from the big Central Bus Station (CBS) in Jerusalem to the local buses was a bit mysterious.  In Beer Sheva, the in-town buses are all together and very well marked.  But Beer Sheva has had time to plan those big facilities, whereas in Jerusalem they just stuck them where they could.  The city buses are just lined up on a street across the light rail from the CBS.  I walked all the way (not that far, really) to Yitzak Rabin St, and happened to find a #132 bus at a different stop.  When I returned to Jerusalem in the afternoon, I saw where I should have gone, but it's not obvious.  On the other hand, all of this is right by the Calatrava light rail bridge (which is cool).  The YouTube shows a lot of the bridge (the green buses at the beginning are the local Jerusalem buses): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3eLVJRbEN8

No comments:

Post a Comment