Monday, May 19, 2014

Another of the seven species (רימונים)



I went out for a run this morning and walked past a bush that surprised me.  I always thought pomegranates grew on trees, since they're a large fruit, but this bush in someone's yard is not as tall as me (I know I'm tall, but I'm not taller than trees!).  I know we saw pomegranate flowers on the trip to Israel ten years ago, but I didn't remember anything about the plant.  I don't think I'll be here long enough to see how the bush holds up all this fruit.

P.S. I saw a Pizza Hut (!) delivery motorcycle on my way back from the park.  Really.  Do we really need Pizza Hut in Israel?? Of course, there's hope - Starbucks tried to get a foothold here, and then pulled out.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, well, Starbucks can't hold a candle to Cafe Cafe!

    ReplyDelete