Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Old Tel Aviv/Yafo Train Station (התחנה)

I went over to the old Tel Aviv/Yafo train station, that has been remade into a tourist-type place, with food, boutique shopping and history displays.  My transportation was, shall we say, iterative, but finally successful.  The address wasn't really helpful because the train station sits off to itself (like one would expect), and my smartphone app wasn't up to that.  I was ready to give up and just walk over to the beach, when I saw a big parking lot, and investigated.  The train station buildings aren't tall enough to be seen from a distance.
Train station

I walked around, purchased a few things at the Made in Tel Aviv store, got a bit of orange-chocolate ice cream, and headed back to my hotel.

The view from the edge of the property shows how close it is to Yafo.
The Yafo clocktower is in the center distance.


1 comment:

  1. Yafo? You were that close to Yafo and didn't go? I KNEW I should have got both hair clasps! But how can you be that close to Yafo and not go?

    ReplyDelete