Thursday, May 22, 2014

Seminar at BGU Sde Boqer campus

I was invited by a new colleague in the agriculture group to give my rain garden seminar today.  After my trip to Tsin Canyon, I got cleaned up, cooled off, and ready for my talk.  We had a little tech problem with my flash drive (those things aren't perfect?), but Naftali solved it with a different computer.  We had a full house in the room - a mix of environmental engineering, agriculture, and architecture professors and graduate students.

I did a general background on stormwater problems in the States, what rain gardens are, how we instrumented the eight rain gardens in Kansas City, and some of our results.  There was more resonant information that I would have thought, since Israel captures and reuses as much of its water as it can.  But brief urban flooding (and desert flooding) does occur and they're starting to think about solutions like rain gardens.

I have no photos of the seminar itself, but here's an oldie, but a goodie from my slides.
Flume installation in Kansas City

No comments:

Post a Comment